According to statistics offered by the American Chiropractic Association:
- The primary source of worldwide disability claims is due to lower back pain.
- The United States spends over $50 billion each year on diagnosing and treating back pain.
- As much as 80% of the population will suffer from a back condition during their lifetime
- Back pain affects more people in the United States than heart disease, diabetes, and cancer combined.
- American adults who suffer from lower back pain are often in worse physical and mental health than others who do not have low back pain: 28% of people with lower back pain report limited mobility due to chronic conditions, as compared to 10% of adults who do not suffer from lower back pain.
- People who suffer from lower back pain were three times more likely to be in fair or poor condition and four times more likely to experience significant psychological disorders, than those without low back pain.
After an accident, it is imperative that you receive treatment for your back. The longer you wait the more difficult correcting your symptoms may become. In addition, your symptoms may compound creating even more problems. Many people who suffer from back pain choose to ignore their symptoms and avoid meeting with a doctor until the pain becomes unbearable or prevents them from following through with their usual routine. If left untreated, the pain you carry with you can develop into chronic ailments that are t difficult to treat, and even harder to live with.
Most types of back conditions can be treated through the use and application of appropriate adjustments that help reduce stress and tension throughout your back area.
From spinal adjustments to manual alignment techniques, our doctor’s use holistic solutions that focus on relieving you of your immediate pain, while also addressing the root causes of your condition to prevent some relapse or permanent damage.